Every city has them but some more than others. I used to live on Powell Street many years back and would often resort to just walking in the street opposed to battling sidewalk space with the clumsy toddler minded tourist bumping up and down the sidewalks.
Here in San Francisco a portion of the Hotel Tax goes towards funding the arts. So remember that when irritated by the map wielding/ bike renting/ Fisherman's Wharf bound T-Dogs. High five them and remember that everyone's a tourist at some point.
This Week's Theme: Tourists
*NEW RULES: No Anonymous Comments - When voting you must login through the comment system using your Facebook or Twitter for your vote to count. This is because we were getting too many multiple votes from people using multiple names. *Remember that the words "Fecal Face" need to placed in the work but not Photoshopped in or anything. This ensures that the work submitted is in fact yours. ALSO remember that you can only vote for one drawing. We only count one vote per person, so make sure to only vote once.
Fecal Face will choose the winnner after taking your votes and comments into account.
Next Week's Prize: Not quite sure yet. Will announce it later in the week.
Submission Guidelines for next week:
We had some great entries this week that we couldn't run, either because they weren't sized right or had nothing to do with theme. Just to be clear, when the next theme comes out the old theme is officially over. Please don't send in more submissions for old themes. It makes up feel bad when you send us stuff and we can't post it up so please read the guidlines below:
- This is a drawing/ illustration fun contest. Photography generally not accepted.
- The size formatting is 695 pixels in width OR length. So if you have a long skinny one, please make sure it is not over 695 in length or we will not be able to see it well.
- Name your submission your first and last name. Example: john_doe.jpg
- Include the words "Fecal Face" somewhere in the art so we know you created it (please do not to add it in later with Photoshop).
- One submission per person by Friday October 12th at 12pm PST.
- If you have a website (or two) please specify which one you would like me to link in the body of your email. Also, let us know where you're from! Send it all to freefridayz (at) fecalface.com.
#1 - Austin England (Los Angeles)
#2 - Brett Crawford
#3 - David Shoemaker
#4 - Dennis Osborne
#5 - Dirk Hogan (Salt Lake City)
#6 - Kelly Ahrens (Carbondale, Illinois)
#7 - Lusky Luscombe (Newcastle, England)
#8 - Matt Caputo (Jersey City, NJ)
#9 - Matt Kerley (Brooklyn, NY)
#10 - Peekasso
#11 - Juan Carlos Arroyo Callejas (Mexico City, Mexico)
Next week's theme: Tis the Season